As of Q3 2018
In the UK
- OpenTable has seated more than 127 million diners in the UK.
- In the UK, more than 7,300 restaurants use OpenTable technology and are bookable via opentable.co.uk and mobile apps.
- In the third quarter of 2018, 48% of OpenTable’s seated diners in the UK originated on a mobile device.
- OpenTable entered the UK in 2004.
- OpenTable was founded in 1998 by Chuck Templeton, a former marketer who observed the difficulty his wife faced while trying to book a dinner reservation by phone.
- OpenTable is the world’s leading provider of online restaurant reservations.
- GuestCenter is OpenTable’s flagship cloud-based hospitality product for restaurants around the globe. The product has been designed and custom-built from the ground up to help restaurants run and grow their business.
- Since its inception, OpenTable has seated more than 1.8 billion diners via online reservations, representing approximately $72 billion (£55 billion / Euro 63 billion) spent at partner restaurants. OpenTable seats more than 27 million diners via online reservations each month.
- Using OpenTable software, according to data from the third quarter of 2018, on average 124 million diners are seated per month and roughly 1.5 billion diners per year.
- More than 48,000 restaurants around the globe are customers of OpenTable.
- OpenTable has seated more than 755 million diners worldwide through its mobile solutions, representing more than $30 billion (£23 billion / Euro 26 billion) in revenue for OpenTable restaurant customers.
- In the third quarter of 2018, 58% of OpenTable’s global seated diners originated on a mobile device.
- Since its introduction in 2008, the OpenTable Reviews program has generated more than 76 million reviews by verified diners. OpenTable diners contribute more than 1 million restaurant reviews each month.
- OpenTable has bookable restaurants in more than 20 countries, including Australia, Canada, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom and the United States. Restaurants are available for reservations in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish languages.
- OpenTable has integrations with nearly 600 brands, including Amazon Alexa, Facebook Messenger, Google, Instagram, Snapchat, TripAdvisor, Yahoo! and Zagat. In aggregate, integrations account for approximately 10 percent of diners seated each month via OpenTable.
- OpenTable is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- In July 2014, OpenTable was acquired by Booking Holdings, Inc. which trades on the NASDAQ under the symbol “BKNG.”